The tournament is open to all players. It will consist in a cup for 16 participants and it is a classic mac-mahon tournament for the other players.
The tournament will take place in the Salle de la Bourse, place de la Bourse.
Access : 20 minutes walk from Strasbourg train station
Tram : Station Etoile-Bourse (lines A and D). Direct form Strasbourg train station (lines A and D) and Kehl train station (line D)
Saturday 5 May:
- From 10:00 to 13:00 : players registration.
- 14:00 : first round and 1/8th finals for the top group.
- 17:00 : second round and quarterfinals for top group.
- 19:00 : All-you-can-eat Flammekueche and drink (10€) with commentaries of the quarterfinals.
Sunday 6 May:
- 10h00 : third round and semi-finals.
- 14h00 : fourth round and final.
The top 16 players are allowed to play for the cup. When they loose a game in the cup, they’ll join the classic mac-mahon tournament, except the loosers of semi-finals who will play for the 3rd place.
- 1 hour per player and 15 stones for 5 minutes byo-yomi
- Japanese rules
- komi : 6.5
- Even games
Prizes and registration fees
Saturday evening dinner : 10 € (all-you-can-eat tartes flambées, drinks included except wine).
For players below 10 kyu and younger than 18 :
Free. Prizes for 4 wins : Alsace wine or chocolates.
For other players : Tournament fee : 15 €
Prizes for top group
- Winner : 800 €
- Second : 500 €
- Third : 300 €
- Fourth : 200 €
- 3 wins : 100 €
Prizes besides top group
- Player with 4 wins :
4 dan : 300 €
3 dan : 200 €
1 dan and 2 dan : 150€
1 kyu to 9 kyu : 100 €
- Player with 3 wins : go book, DVD, Alsace wine or chocolates.
Rules for the cup
The winners of semi-finals will play the final and will be at first and second place.The loosers of the semi-finals will play for the third and fourth place.The fifth place will be decided between the players of the top group by the sum of their STS points.
- Player n° 1 vs random player
- Player n° 8 vs random player
- Player n° 5 vs random player
- Player n° 4 vs random player
- Player n° 3 vs random player
- Player n° 6 vs random player
- Player n° 7 vs random player
- Player n° 2 vs random player
- Winners match 1 – match 2
- Winners match 3 – match 4
- Winners match 5 – match 6
- Winners match 7 – match 8
- Winners quarter 1 – quarter 2
- Winners quarter 3 – quarter 4